'Commission's chemical research is blocked in Iraq'

  • actual
  • 11:30 20 December 2022
  • |
img
NEWS CENTER - Journalist Beritan Zagros said that the work of the commission established to investigate the use of chemical weapons in Iraq was blocked by pro-Turkey parties and names in the parliament.
 
Turkey's attacks against the Zap, Metina and Avaşîn areas of the Federated Kurdistan Region, in partnership with the KDP, continue. Upon the use of chemical and prohibited weapons in the attacks, the Iraqi Parliament established a special commission on November 16 to investigate the use of chemicals in the areas where conflicts took place. The commission, which includes representatives from the Ministry of Defense, the Iraqi Parliament's Public Security and Defense Commission and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, was tasked with collecting documents and findings related to chemical weapons; however, no concrete steps have been taken so far. Journalist Beritan Zagros, who closely follows the developments in the region, made evaluations about the commission's failure to work and the attacks against the region.
 
KDP MAKES WAY TO TURKEY
 
Stating that despite the banned weapons and cooperation of regional powers, Turkey could not achieve the desired progress, Zagros said: "Turkey has now settled in some hills due to the KDP's pavement. The road construction works between Bakûr and Başûr have also accelerated so that the Turkish army can be deployed to the region before winter comes. Finally, we went to the Kuro Jaro hill, which is above Sheladize, and went to that region. The KDP placed Turkish soldiers. In other words, the Turkish state settled in those strategic hills before winter thanks to the KDP. Some places were also handed over to Turkey."
 
Saying that the KDP's efforts to settle Turkey in the region caused unease among people, Zagros said: "The different steps were taken to cover up this uneasiness. After the massacre in Perex (9 people lost their lives in the Turkish attack), protests developed against the presence of the Turkish army in Iraq; however, with the protests of the Sadr Movement, the interventions of the KDP and the Turkish state, Iraq's agenda changed once again. They forgot about the crimes committed by the state and diverted attention. If the protest and uprising in Iraq had continued like this, Turkey would be tried in international courts and perhaps the fate of this war would have changed now."
 
OBSTACLE TO THE WORK OF THE COMMISSION
 
Mentioning why the commission established to investigate the use of chemicals in the Iraqi Parliament did not work, Zagros said: "The attacks were not even on the agenda due to the political turmoil in Iraq; however, after the government was formed and the government became close to Iran, the Turkish attacks were discussed again by some circles. Currently, there are various initiatives in the parliament to investigate chemical weapons, to put the applications of families who were victims of the attacks in Turkey and Iran on the agenda, to carry out necessary investigations at the border and to establish a gate at the border; however, parties close to the Turkish state in the parliament and the government are preventing these efforts and the parliament is not allowed to come to a decision”.
 
 

View More Articles

09/03/2023
16:42 Constitutional Court lifted HDP's block on Treasury account
16:34 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
16:24 Oral defense date of HDP postponed
16:16 Musician Ali Baran detained
16:13 Aydoğan, whose body of son missing, forced to sit in front of HDP
15:40 Earthquake victims rebelled against their situation
14:54 Prosecutor who has not prepared the indictment of the arrested journalists for 9 months: The digital document is too much
12:11 Thousands of women cried out from Ankara: State will give an account
12:00 2023 Newroz dedicated to those who lost their lives in the earthquake
09:36 Women's revolt breaks through barricades at 21st Feminist Night March
09:18 March 8 march by Êzidi and Arab women in Shengal
08/03/2023
17:26 At least 245 Kurdish women arrested in Iran in a year
17:13 2 families live in a tent: I will not leave my hometown
16:48 22 thousand families been waiting for tents for a month
16:29 Emine Şenyaşar: I have been persecuted for 2 years
14:43 Aid sent via headmen does not reach the public
14:26 Earthquake victims: 'No one but HDP came to help'
11:58 Bookchin: Women’s movement in Bakur and Rojava has made historic advances for the rights of women
09:07 9 people detained in racist attack on Amedspor released
07/03/2023
15:49 Tree cutting at Dicle University
15:37 Şenyaşar family lit candles for earthquake victims and justice
15:25 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
15:19 4 children killed in chemical attacks in Iran
15:18 Earthquake victims: We will not leave our land
10:12 The presidential candidate of the Nation Alliance is Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu
06/03/2023
16:04 Lawsuit against journalists of MA on the grounds of news against the state
15:41 Mass welcome to Amedspor team
15:34 HDP's '1 month in earthquake' video: You will be called to account
15:24 Government ignores Şenyaşar family!
15:09 Earthquake victims: Except for my sister, my family is all dead
14:48 Politics is forbidden in the stands, racism is free
05/03/2023
16:57 Racist attack on Amedspor: JİTEM and White Taurus photos opened
13:28 24 bombardments in one day despite inaction
13:26 Şenyaşar family: Our pain is common, our cause is common
13:13 Tent problem continues in Maraş
12:51 Racist attack on Amedspor in Bursa
04/03/2023
16:36 Attack of Turkey on Kobanê villages
16:35 Military operations continue in Yuksekova
16:15 One person detained due to the disappearance of Messe Hamvi
15:18 Body of Osman Manak laid to rest
14:59 2 people detained in Tunceli were arrested
14:57 'Government attacked journalists for not being heard of their incompetence'
14:16 Earthquake victim: We will never give our blessing to Erdoğan
13:04 Investigation to Peace Mothers who condemned attacks
03/03/2023
16:56 New application submitted by the families of Öcalan and other prisoners
14:37 Şenyaşar family: Minister is entering the back door to avoid us
14:26 Disabled citizens in a difficult situation
13:41 Earthquake Victim: We are in despair
13:14 Earthquake victims: We will not leave our country
10:48 'The solidarity of People is far ahead of the power of the state'